Last updated on January 30th, 2023 at 05:27 pm
In the last two posts (Part 1 and Part 2), I outlined the project and discussed about the conceptualizing process. Today you will see our presentation process and the final logo as the conclusion.
First Presentation – Presenting possible directions
We wanted to push the logo to the next level and see how far the client would like to go comfortably. It’s easier to find it out if the client can see clear examples and give us feedback. We added new elements inspired by the chosen keywords.
The client felt that the circular monogram with the script “S” would fit best. They could see the monogram could be applied easily to different items. They also wondered how important it was to keep the font in which “Scott’s Flowers” was written since they kept it over the last ten years. They wanted a fresh look but didn’t want to appear as a new or different business only as an enhanced or updated version.
The feedback helped us narrow down our ideas. We worked on incorporating the font used for the existing logo into the monogram design they liked.
Second Presentation – Reflecting feedback
We cleaned up the old font. We felt that the curved composition of the text might not work well, so we tried the text of a uniform height as well.
The client liked the monogram in the upper right corner and the one without the monogram at the bottom. They wanted to see if there was a way to use the monogram on some items and use the one without the monogram on other things. They also wanted to centre the script S in the monogram.
We refined the logo accordingly.
Polishing final logo
In the next post, you will see how the new logo is implemented on some items.